I'm lazy when it comes to cooking, or can I use the excuse "time poor"?
Either way, I love pancakes, ask my flatmates, the only kitchen related item I bought when I moved was a pancake pan, and I have pancakes almost every day. I think I have a problem.
Anyway, these are the simplest quickest protein pancakes with 3 ingredients. Have a play – some days I add ground flax or chia seeds into the mix depending on my mood.
- 1 Egg
- 1 Scoop of any flavour protein powder (Quest Multi-Purpose works wonders)
- 50ml Almond milk (more or less depending on how thick you'd like your pancakes) or you can use a tablespoon of greek yoghurt which just makes for a thicker pancake.
- Whisk egg and protein powder in a bowl.
- Add a dash of milk or yoghurt, until mix is the desired consistency (I typically make 1 crepe because it's quicker than making that beautiful Instagram stack of pancakes that Fitspo's love).
- Pour batter into a heated non-stick pan.
- Use a knob of coconut oil, so it doesn't stick.
- Make whatever size or thickness you like, then flip when the edges are brown and easy to lift from the pan.
- Allow a bit of time for the other side to cook, remove from the pan and then cover in your favourite toppings!